OPTC may be contacted at any stage of the protest process: filing of the protest, informal meeting, formal hearing (ARB).
- Appointment of Agent (AOA) for Property Tax Matters form signed.
- OPTC will file the protest on behalf of the homeowner.
- HCAD will schedule a date/time for the informal meeting. The homeowner and OPTC will be notified of this date by mail.
- OPTC will research the case, ask homeowner for any information regarding their home, their neighborhood, surrounding area.
- OPTC will represent the homeowner at the Informal meeting. If an agreement is reached for a reduction. No further action is required. The homeowner is notified of the outcome and the invoice is mailed out.
- If OPTC does not come to an agreement for a reduction at the informal hearing. OPTC will set up a hearing with the board (ARB). The homeowner will be mailed the scheduled time/date of the ARB hearing.
- OPTC will attend the ARB hearing on behalf of the homeowner. An agreement will either be made for a reduction or no reduction at this time.
- The homeowner is notified of the ARB hearing outcome. If an agreement is reached for a reduction, an invoice will be mailed out. If there is no reduction, no further action is required.
Interested in learning more? Click here!